Mothers Union Monmouth Branch
We meet at St Thomas’ Church Hall, Overmonnow, on the third Wednesday of each month (except August), at 2.30pm.
As a Christian charity we seek to support families of all kinds. Wherever we work in the world the need to support families is now greater than ever. In over 80 countries 4 million members worldwide share a vision to bring about a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships.
Dates and Programme for 2016
March 16th Rene Patek – Her family and Auschwitz
April 20th Maggie Rich – Celtic Spiritualty
May 18th Jean Hackett – Eastenders 50-60’s
June 15th Jenny Barton – Our linked Diocese
July 20th Visit to Clodock Church Hereforshire
Sept 21st Sharing our Faith Journeys together with afternoon tea
October 10th Jenny Newman – Music Appreciation
November 16th Kiz Williams – Helwel Trust
December 14th 11.30 Communion followed by Christmas Lunch
Other Activities in our branch
- Knitted items in support of MU hospital project viz Angels Pockets for still born babies; bonnets and blankets for premature babies; Fiddle Pinnies for stroke and dementia patients; teddies for children in hospital to name but a few
- Running a Mother and Toddler group at St Thomas Church hall every Thursday morning and afternoon during term time called ‘Tommy Tiddlers’ for all- comers.
- Attending Worship monthly with men of Usk Prison followed by time of socializing in the chaplaincy department
- Supporting ‘Away from it All’ for families in need of a break
- Supporting our local hostel
- Parenting programme